Friday, August 21, 2009

妙语录(4)


I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it. - Thomas Jefferson

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

God created the poet, then took a handful of the rubbish that left and made three critics. - T.J. Thomas

Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of witnesses.   - Margaret Millar

Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be. - William Hazlitt

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef mallett

I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this. - Emo Phillips

Man is ready to die for an idea, provided that idea is not quite clear to him. - Paul Eldridge
If one sticks too rigidly to one's principles, one would hardly see anybody. - Agatha Christie

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. - Arthur C. Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment are welcome, except those that are not.