Saturday, July 4, 2009

妙语录(1)

一直都有收集英文语录的习惯。一来自己喜欢,二来觉得读语录特别能帮助英文写作。短短一段话,巧妙的起承转合,有时幽默,有时讽刺,有时睿智;或发人深省,或叫人忍俊不禁。从前读到精彩的只是记录下来,或给少数几个朋友看看。现在想将以前收集和现在正在积累的语录们集中在博客上做个不定期更新。精彩之物,总要分享才会更有趣。为防看官视觉疲劳,每篇以十则为限。Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Committee -- a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done.  - Fred Allen

When I came back to Dublin I was courtmartialed [遭军事法庭审判] in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence. - Brendan Behan

I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.  - Rodney Dangerfield

Writing gives you the illusion of control, and then you realize it's just an illusion, that people are going to bring their own stuff into it. - David Sedaris

To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worthwhile. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter. - Aleister Crowley

My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me.  - Benjamin Disraeli

The artist doesn't have time to listen to the critics. The ones who want to be writers read the reviews, the ones who want to write don't have the time to read reviews. - William Faulkner

I've done the calculation and your chances of winning the lottery are identical whether you play or not. - Fran Lebowitz

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. - Benjamin Franklin

Where all think alike, no one things very much. - Walter Lippmann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment are welcome, except those that are not.